Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Evernote storage space versus upload allotment


I have started to use Evernote for everything. I can't image how I was able to feel organized before discovering Evernote.  Evernote is a wonderful note taking application that allows you to take notes, clip webpages, back up to the cloud, it is my go to application for most of what I do.  I have it installed on the school image and gave a mini session to the freshman for the last two years.  I was a bit of a reluctant user at first since I thought it tried to do too much.  I have changed my mind.  I rely on Evernote and feel it is a wonderful productivity tool that really helps me stay organized.  I will definitely schedule a Tech Tuesday session on it in the Fall.  If you are interested come see me and we can schedule a mini session to get you started!  One great feature is that it is cloud based and I can pick it up on any of my devices.  As I mentioned in a post last month it allows for a monthly allotment of 60MB of cloud storage.  Or so I thought.  I have only 5% storage left this month and deleted some files to free up space and was surprised to see my allotment stayed the same.  Why didn't the 5% increase to at least 6%?  Simply put I was confusing storage with upload.  My free account lets me have 60MB of synchronized upload allowance not storage space.  So once I have synced 60 Megabytes I have reached my allowance and must wait till next month to get a new allotment.  I hope this clarifies things for those of you who, like me, didn't quite realize the nuances between storage space and monthly upload.