Friday, March 1, 2013

Screen Capture Tools

This afternoon two students wanted to know how they could capture their Minecraft project so they could present it to their classmates in language class.  I hope to see the students' final project, in the meantime, I wanted to put out the resources for faculty interested in flipping or creating sub plans. My favorite resource is



 screencast-o-matic.  I tried to launch it today and it took a long time, if it is taking too long simply download the app and try it that way. The other resource I shared with the students was the simple recorder in your collection of Smart Tools.  The quickest way to find your recorder is through Spotlight.  Launch the recorder, set up your desktop screen as you want it to look, and hit the red button to start recording.  Once you are finished press the blue square button.  Both options provide quick and simple ways to record your work.